(Gillette, Wyo.) This year as with previous years, local organizations like Gillette Abuse Refuge Foundation and Bikers Against Child Abuse are teaming up to bring Campbell County a month of events to support survivors of abuse, and bring awareness to the community of the types of resources available to those looking for help.
Not only is the month of April sexual assault awareness, it’s also child abuse prevention month. Here’s the schedule for this year’s activities:
- Saturday, April 8th and Sunday, April 9th– The Unknown Millenial Music Festival. This free concert will be held at the Gillette College TEC Center from 5:30-11 pm both nights. Admission is free, but all donations collected will go to GARF. GARF staff and board will be available both days to answer questions and give information.
- Monday, April 10th– Wednesday, April 13th– The Clothesline Project. Once again Gillette College will be hosting the national art project in the main building commons area. Stop by and create a shirt to be added to the Clothesline!
- Monday, April 10th– BACA Balloon Release. Join Bikers Against Child Abuse and GARF at the Campbell County Courthouse at 6 pm to honor and support victims and survivors of child abuse.
- Wednesday, April 19th– Self Defense Class. Officer Brooke Tibbetts will once again be offering a free self-defense class at the Gillette College Pronghorn Center from 8-10 pm.
- Wednesday, April 26th– Denim Day/Take Back The Night Walk and Speakout. Wear your jeans with a purpose on the 26th to support victims and survivors of sexual assault. Then join us at the Gillette College TEC Center to walk around the campus and then listen to speakers talk about sexual assault in our community.
The original article can be found at: https://county17.com/2017/04/05/april-is-sexual-assault-awareness-month/